Sunday, March 26, 2017

THE NEW A.CO EST. 1984 | BLOG RE-DESIGN



Welcome to the new A.Co est. 1984!  I'm super excited to give this space a facelift and had been thinking about it for a while.  I decided to go with a template, and then played around a bit on the back end to customize it a little more myself.  I'm still tinkering with it, but am so pleased with the overall look and new feel of the site.

So, what's changed?


There are now drop down menus at the top, here you will find everything broken down into my three categories, fashion, fitness & lifestyle.  Under each category, you will find further specific categories to find what you're looking for.  I will be tweaking this over the coming months as I get through the last seven years of content, and plan to also change it with seasons and whenever any cool sales are going on, etc. to make it super easy for you girls to navigate.

The order of posts is the same, but just presented a little nicer; they run chronologically, unless you click on a post label (eg. outfits), which then would bring you to a new page with all the outfits.  Also, you can easily hover over any photos to pin them (this was wonky before, I found), or use the share buttons on each post underneath the READ MORE button.  Additionally, you can share to Facebook or Twitter if it's something you find others would like too (and thanks in advance, if you do!).

I'm working on getting the quick SHOP THE POST scroll bar back for each post in the preview, so you don't have to click into the post to shop the look if you don't have time.  Obviously I want you to read the posts, I love writing and sharing, but understand we are all so busy!

Speaking of busy, there is also a search bar at the top now that makes things super easy to find, so if you're looking for a specific post and can't remember what it was called, you can search things like, over the knee boots, or free people top, and find




You'll also noticed the new scroll bar at the top, which will showcase the four newest posts, and play through them automatically.  Underneath, there is a CURRENT FAVOURITES shop bar that will be updated regularly with all my favourite pieces.  I love this feature because it makes it super easy to shop without looking for a post you saw with something I wore and you may have liked.  

The mobile version is so much prettier now too, which I'm stoked about.  I know the majority of you girls are reading on your mobile (personally, I'm a desktop blog reader) so it was important that this got updated too.




Lastly, the size of the photos and width of the blog has changed, and I hope you like it as much as I do.  Bigger pictures makes it easier to see the details of things and get a closer look--which I know is something I appreciate when reading others' blogs.  I've also increased the font size slightly to make it easier on the eyes, and lightened the link colour to an even lighter grey so you can pick it out.  

The only qualm about the larger width and photos, is that I noticed on my smaller laptop screen, it was a little oversized.  If that happens to you, no biggie, all you need to do is go to VIEW and ZOOM OUT or adjust your view percentage if you're on a PC.

Hope you girls love the new changes, and I'm totally open to any suggestions you have, or if something could make the reading experience better.  See you tomorrow! xo


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig