Thursday, February 23, 2017

INSTAGRAM ROUND UP



Hi ladies!  Hope you're having a great week, we are almost to the weekend!  Marco has been away for work, and I've been taking advantage of the evenings solo to start the new series This is Us.  Have you seen it!?  I binge watched four episodes the first night and am totally hooked.  The twists are insane, but it's also pretty emotional too.  

Tonight, I have a girlfriend coming over to hang and then tomorrow we are practically at the weekend, so yipee!  Today feels like one of those days that is just going right, you know?  Lately, I've been kind of having some down days, and it feels good to have a shift.

Onto the round up, it's been a while since I've done one of these, and I've been trying to incorporate more off-the-cuff posts on IG along with the usual outfits so let's jump in!


SHOP THE POST








I haven't worn trainers to the gym in ages!  I love high tops, so that's been my go to for the past couples years.  That said, I'm kind of loving all the futuristic looking sneakers that are popping up, and when I saw these ones in the olive green, I pulled the trigger immediately!  They also come in an awesome light grey (which I'm contemplating!).

Sizing note: these run huge, I bought my normal size (10) and the size down (9) after reading reviews on how large they ran.  The 9 ended up fitting well and I returned the 10.



SWEATER (SIMILAR)  |  DENIM -- ON SALE!  |  ALDO OTK BOOTS -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  CELINE PHANTOM BAG (BUDGET FRIENDLY)

I love this sweater, and had been eyeing it for months before it was finally super marked down on Boxing Day.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I wore it to dinner with my grandparents and my Grammy kept commenting on how beautiful it was and if I had knit it (cute! But, no).  It's definitely a quality piece, but it is a higher price point.

Also, these jeans were just restocked--I think the wash is slightly different--and I wanted to note that I sized down three sizes to get a snug fit.  As someone who never sizes down, this was shocking how loose they are, but they are a boyfriend style.  These don't have much stretch to them, so as a snugger fitting jean, they aren't my fave/most comfortable, but they do look amazing on.

Full outfit post coming soon




This faux leather & knit jacket is so comfortable.  The sleeves are half and half, so the underside is stretchy and conforms to the arm.  The lapels are ribbed and drapey, so it gives a really cozy feel, but you also still feel covered.



NAIL POLISH  |  DYNAMITE SWEATER -- OLD (SIMILARSIMILAR)

Long nails!  I have never ever had much success growing my nails, I'm always picking at them, it's such a terrible habit, I hate to admit.  That said, getting engaged on our Italy trip (when we were in Florence) was some major motivation to grow my nails out and I almost couldn't believe I did it--ha!  

They don't look like this anymore, they eventually started breaking so now I'm starting from scratch again, but am determined to get there.  They look so nice!  If anyone has any products they love to harden your nails, I'm all ears!




I'm in love with this long floral cardigan, it's such a statement  piece and can be worn open or wrapped and belted (which I might do for an event this weekend).  These OTK boots are the best ones I've ever purchased--they leg is slim fitting and they have an amazing rubber sole which makes them feel sturdy (and quiet) when walking around.







HAT -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  PARKA FROM ITALY (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  LEGGINGS  |  H&M FRINGE BAG (SIMILAR)

A classic weekend look for me--we're still in the thick of winter in Ottawa, but temperatures have been rising this week.  That said, I'm not getting my hopes up, it's an annual tradition to have a snowstorm on my birthday (mid March).

I've talked about this light-weight parka before, it's packable and easy to move around in.  I picked mine up two years ago when we were in Italy the first time; it was freezing and I was desperate--unseasonably cold, they said.  All that to say, I have worn this thing a ton, way more than I ever anticipated.  I've linked a couple very similar options above if you're on the hunt.




I love this sweater!  The asymmetrical cut is so pretty and I totally wish it came in other colours.  These black skinnies are not my fave (I talked about it here), and I'm planning to snag these ones at some point.




I'm a sucker for a good cross body bag, and this one is really pretty--plus comes in five colours.  There are two compartments inside and a bright red lining.  I love that the strap is adjustable and it's quite comfortable to wear.




This bell sleeve hoodie is a totally adorable dupe of a more expensive version on Shopbop.  I ordered a large and it definitely runs small, so size up.  I would say this is more ideal for shorter girls, as I found the sleeves a little short.



FULL OUTFIT POST  //  SUEDE JACKET (ALSO HERE IN LIGHTER TAN)  |  HINGE SWEATER -- SOLD OUT (SIMILAR)  |  DENIM  |  ALDO BOOTS -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  CELINE PHANTOM BAG

This jacket has been such a go to, and I've talked about it a ton on and off the blog.  The sizing is true to size (I'm a medium) and it comes in a plethora of colours.  Definitely looks way more expensive than it is and I know I'll be wearing this for years to come.



CAMERA  |  WALLET  |  IPAD CASE / CLUTCH  |  LIPSTICK  |  CELINE BAG

Packing for a trip and before all the junk was thrown in a shot of the essentials.



POM HAT -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  F21 SCARF (SIMILAR)  |  OLD NAVY COAT -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  TEE  |  DISTRESSED BLACK DENIM  |  ALDO BOOTS -- OLD (SIMILAR UNDER $50)  |  CROSS BODY BAG

Full outfit post coming soon



LONG SLEEVE TOP -- ON SALE IN 10 COLOURS!  |  CHOKER  |  ZARA DENIM -- OLD (SIMILAR, BUDGET FRIENDLY)

And of course, it wouldn't be a round up without my favourite long sleeve thermal.  This just got marked down and is amazing.  I wear it what seems to be every weekend and have it in four colours.  Runs a little big, so size down, and I always hang to dry (but that's pretty much most of my clothes).

See you tomorrow! xo

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig