Tuesday, January 24, 2017

UNTRADITIONAL VALENTINE'S DAY STYLE


O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  FLORAL CARDIGAN -- ON SALE!  |  JOE FRESH CAMI (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  NECKLACE  |  MEXX SKIRT (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  OVER THE KNEE BOOTS -- 50% OFF!  | VINTAGE CLUTCH

I'm one of those people who love Valentine's Day, and it doesn't have to be over the top, but just acknowledging it and doing something special for your sweetie is totally up my alley.  Marco feels a little differently, but he puts on a brave face for me!  

One thing you typically won't find me in for Valentine's Day is a tight red dress, but give me a leather skirt, or a flowy top and I'm in.  This outfit is a little off the beaten path, but it still works for the special day.  It's definitely date-night appropriate and this floral cardigan is such a stunning piece and now it's half price!  I had it on my wish list for Christmas and my parents got it for me, I was really excited when I opened it.  An alternative way to wear this would be to pair the cardigan over a little black dress--so simple but just adds a pop of interest.  

Another question I've gotten on this, 'What if I'm short?'  You can still wear a long piece like this; it's a total misconception that petite girls can't wear maxi styles.  The best way though, is to lengthen the look by pairing with heels--whether a pump or a tall boot, you want to elongate your leg for the best look.


SHOP THE POST








You can't go wrong with over the knee boots; even in the snow, these ones have a slightly chunkier heel and a good rubber grip on the bottom, making it that much easier to get around.  I've been wearing mine a ton of denim, but love the look with a shorter hemline.  The trick to keeping it chic, is show about three to five inches of leg, and keep covered on your upper half.



Photography by Lisa Provençal.



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig