Tuesday, December 27, 2016

WEEKEND RECAP: IPHONE SNAPS | CHRISTMAS 2016



Happy Tuesday and a belated Merry Christmas!  I always put up a Christmas post, and we were travelling this year, per usual, so I brought my laptop and it just didn't happen.  Between celebrating my Dad's birthday on Christmas eve, then travelling to Marco's family that afternoon and back to Ottawa the next morning, there wasn't a lot of down time.

I wore my new fave sweater for birthday and Christmas festivities on the 24th and I'm not kidding when I say I'm in love with this softie.  It's such a chic, yet versatile piece, I'm finding myself reaching for it for day, weekend, and when I've been rushing out to meet up with friends.  I'm seriously debating the olive green colour!


SHOP MY LOOK







We arrived to Marco's Mom's place and it looked beautiful--decorations everywhere and gifts under the tree.  Soon, we were joined by a bunch of family and we tucked into a massive Filipino feast!  Since Marco's family celebrates Christmas on the 24th, after dinner we all pile into the living room to open gifts, which always runs late into the night.




PUFFER COAT  |  LONG SLEEVE THERMAL  |  ZARA SCARF (SIMILAR)  |  DENIM (SIMILAR)  |  NAIL COLOUR


The next morning, we had breakfast, the three of us, and packed up and hit the road to head back to Ottawa for Christmas number two with my family.





We arrived in the afternoon and my parents were busy prepping the turkey dinner.  We poured some drinks and settled into the living room to exchange gifts between the four of us, while Christmas tunes played in the background.




Then it was time to feast!  This meal is legit my favourite and I could eat it everyday--and since we missed Thanksgiving while we were in Italy, I think I extra enjoyed this one!  

My grandparents joined us and we had a really nice meal, then sat around and gabbed for a bit before packing up to head back home.




Unloading the car... and loading the elevator!

That night, Marco and I exchanged our gifts, he played guitar a bit, and we finished The Walking Dead (I'm totally caught up now!).


SNAPCHAT:  acoest1984



LONG SLEEVE TOP  |  DISTRESSED DENIM  |  ALDO BOOTS -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  BAG  |  FUR POM KEYCHAIN

On Monday morning, I decided to brave the mall and ventured out in search of the best Boxing Day sales!  And boy did I find them!  I did a full round up on the blog HERE if you're in the mood for shopping, plus since it's the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale, I tried on a ton of stuff (and purchased a bunch of things) and shared how things fit and how to wear them.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and thank you for being here, reading, taking the time to comment, email, send me snaps, tweets... everything!  It sounds cheesy, but it means a lot.  To an even better 2017!!



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig