Friday, July 22, 2016

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: TRY ON & FITTING ROOM PICS #NSALE



I hit up the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this morning and it was quite possibly the best shopping experience of my life.  I made an appointment with the Style Sales Manager and she was a dream to work with.  I got there bright and early, she pulled all the items I had on my wish list, plus more, and set me up in a fitting room.

I did a couple laps around the store, collecting a few more pieces, and then it was time to try it all on. I would love to share with you a bit of a photo overload from the fitting room, but also how these pieces fit so you can shop them yourself!

I will share a full post about everything I purchased and if you're here early want to add me to Snapchat, you can see me trying all of these things on (I'm acoest1984).  Onto the fitting room recap!

Just a quick note about the tensor bandage; we were moving our new dresser into the condo and it slipped and I dropped it on my wrist.  ACK!  Pretty sore, but there are worse things.  I have been for an x-ray which concluded not broken, but have to go for a second x-ray next week to fully confirm that.  Thanks for all your sweet comments on Snap!




I feel like this suede jacket is the jacket of the #Nsale!  It's already sold out three times online, and it was my number one piece to try.  I was so stoked to discover the fit was great and the sleeves were a fairly good length considering I'm so tall.  I went with a medium and I'd say it fits true to size. It's such a steal so run and grab this one if you can (and call your local store if it's not back in stock online).

These OTK boots are a great option if you have a slightly bigger calf.  They are a pull on suede boot and I love the lower heel, and come in three different colours.  Very easy to walk in, no platform and a pretty almond toe.





I love basics, neutrals and anything flowy, so this tee fit the bill.  It comes in six different colours (including white and black) and I love how the sleeve is slightly longer than you'd expect.  I went with a medium.




SUEDE JACKET  |  TEE  |  DENIM  |  OTK BOOTS

The same jacket as above but in the most beautiful plum colour.  Again wearing a medium and it's so rich and stunning in person.  You won't be disappointed come Fall if you add this piece to your closet.





I loved this flowy blouse and am wearing a medium, however I would probably go with the large because I do find it fits a little small (shoulders / underarm).  Love this similar style with the lace up in the back.




DRESS  |  SAM EDELMAN 'KENT' OTK BOOTS

OMG this dress--I'm dying over it.  So pretty, and it has an open back with a bit of a hi-low hemline so your booty is covered.  Unfortunately it was just too short for me (although it doesn't really look it in the photos) that I would have no choice but to wear with denim or leggings, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of it being a dress #tallgirlprobs  // Turns out, this isn't a dress after all, I just saw on the website but if you're on the shorter side it would be awesome!

These boots!  I can't find them online, but they are stunning.  I've seen the various Sam Edelman OTK boots over the years and had never tried them on.  Ladies, these fit like a glove on the calf (if you're a medium calf width) and have a slightly lower heel, which I like for a change.  The general consensus online is that no one can find these boots online, so call your store asap if you are trying to hunt them down.





This cardi is so pretty, warm and comes in a couple colours.  I love the round, open neck--it's very chic, simple yet well made.  Would make a great Christmas gift for Mom.




VEST  |  DENIM  |  BOOTIES

I loved this vest and it's such a great price.  Comes in black as well, and I'm wearing a medium.  I'd say it runs slightly big, I could have opted for a small, but this size works as well.  In the last photo I paired it over the suede jacket which is great to transition to cooler months.





I loved these booties and love that they also come in tan.  They fit true to size (I'm a 10) and the side slit detail is going to be huge for this Fall.





These wide leg floral pants are so pretty, high waisted and super comfortable with an elastic band at the back only.  I'm wearing a size medium but they were just too short for me to even wear with flats.




KNIT TOP  |  SCARF  |  DENIM  |  BOOTIES

I love this open knit tank with the side slits and hi-low hemline.  Really pretty for the weekend or pair a chiffon cami underneath to wear to work.  I'm wearing a size medium which was perfect.  The scarf was very lightweight and the pattern and colours are great for Fall.

These jeans were insane the minute I put them on, and I'm wearing them in several of the photos--they fit me like a glove and I love that they are not distressed (for once).  That said, they do have a raw hem but if you're looking for a dark denim with stretch, these are it.  Now is the time to scoop up some designer denim because while they are still an investment, you will have them forever!





I wanted to try this thermal on after sharing it in my picks post because it reminds me so much of my Free People one, but half the price.  It's definitely cozy and comfortable, but unlike Free People which runs big, this runs small so I would suggest sizing up.  I'm wearing a medium and would go with a large.





I loved the hoodie and it also comes in grey and orange.  I'm wearing a size small, which was a good unfitted fit (it's definitely a more roomy silhouette), but could have gone with a medium for longer sleeves.  

The leggings are cute, but the colour faded as you stretched it, which I didn't like.  The sports bra was beautiful, it had a sheen to the fabric and it's ruched in the front.  I'm wearing a medium and it was perfect.




PLAID BUTTON DOWN  |  TEE  |  DENIM  |  BOOTIES

I'm not a huge plaid lover, but I do love the trend of tying them (or a jacket) around your waist #90schild  These plaid tops are cozy, soft and a great price if you want to add something trendier to your closet without breaking the bank.




LONG PLAID CARDI  |  TEE  |  DENIM  |  BOOTIES

This is a fun way to incorporate the plaid trend, it would also look cute now over some denim shorts with tan booties.




OPEN BACK TOP  |  BRALETTE -- NOT PART OF THE SALE (LOVE THIS)  |  DENIM  |  OTK BOOTS

Yes, yes, yes!  This open back top from Free People is gorgeous and comes in four colours.  Again, this brand tends to run big so I sized down to a small and it was perfect.  The bralette was cute, and if you're in the market it's a great time to stock up (also love this one).  

These jeans were butt lifting and so comfortable everywhere but the waist--I wanted these to fit so badly, but they just weren't for me (despite me having them in white).  That said, if you're more pear shaped or don't hold your weight in your mid-section, I think these would be perfect for you.  They are uber stretchy and such a beautiful dark denim.





OMG this dress is stunning and was long enough, even for me.  I love love love the look of flowy, boho style short dresses with over the knee boots for Fall and this one didn't disappoint.  The medium fit me perfectly, and the back has a criss cross detail which is cute, but you can still wear a bra.  Also comes in a pretty taupe and white pattern.





This dress is adorable and you can't beat the price!  It has an open area in the back, but you can still wear a bra and also comes in a pretty plum colour.  I'm wearing a medium which was perfect, and bonus, this dress comes in 10 different prints and colours!





This sweater is super cute, I love the bell sleeves and the boxy silhouette.  I'm wearing a small, which was a great fit and could see this dressed down with flats or dressed up for date night with some OTK boots.  Pretty!

I also loved this drapey trench by the same brand.  I could see it over denim, or a body con dress for evening.





I loved these pants--the dark plum colour is perfect for Fall and they are so stretchy and comfy.  These seriously fit like a glove and as someone who owns three pairs of burgundy skinnies (cotton, faux leather & waxed), I can promise you will get a ton of mileage out of these.  Sometimes it's nice to switch things up from denim or black skinnies, and plum is perfect for Fall!




SUEDE MOTO JACKET  |  MY OWN CAMI |  DENIM  |  BOOTIES

This jacket again--I seriously just kept putting it on over and over again because it is so beautiful, but I wanted to share this picture for the jeans.  This pair of denim was on my wish list and when I put them on, I was shocked to discover how big they run.  I had to size down three sizes!  This has never happened in my life, and in the other pair of the same brand, I was true to size.  

So, since these are a 'slim boyfriend fit', they run quite a bit roomier, so I think it just depends what look you're going for.  I wanted something snug, that wasn't going to slide down as I moved around.  I would say two sizes down would have been the perfect 'comfy jeans', but these are the perfect 'chic jeans'.





Oh. Em. Gee.  This beautiful coat is so similar to the one that was in last year's sale and I kicked myself all year long for not scooping it up then.  This years version comes in black/navy (wearing above) or black/grey and they are beautiful.  I love that the sleeves have a stretchy panel on the underside so they adjust to your arms, making the jacket more comfortable.  

I tried on a small and medium and both were pretty good fits, but the medium was just that much longer in the sleeves, with a bit more room to pair a sweater underneath and also slightly better in the shoulders.  In the body of the coat though, the small was slightly better and less overpowering (there is a lot of draping).

The wool is not super thick, so I don't think this will keep you warm in the dead of winter, but it's a stunning jacket and if you are considering this amazing line, I would highly highly suggest splurging if you can.  You will not regret this purchase that you will wear for years to come.





Lastly, this leather jacket #swoon !  Another splurge piece for sure, but such a great deal if you're in the market for something like this.  The leather is thick and heavy, but the medium fit me like a glove.  In comparison to my All Saints leather jacket, this one is snugger fitting in the torso, which I love and the flaps at the top can be stood up or folded down--love love love.

If you're looking for a faux leather jacket, I know a lot of people are loving this one.  It didn't quite fit right on me, but the quality is nice and you cannot beat the price!

Also, these jeans fit so well, and they are a brand that I'd never tried before.  I love the seaming and zippers at the bottom, and slight distressing.  They run a little roomier so I sized down one size and they fit really great.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig